Short-term Parking in Vienna
In Vienna, as in many other cities in Europe short-term parking may apply to individual streets or to entire areas.
Parking space management has turned entire districts or large connected parts thereof into short-term parking zones. Area-wide short-term parking now covers districts 1 to 9, 15, 20 and parts of the 10th, 11th, 12th,14th, 16th, 17th and 18th district. In the 15th district the area the area around Stadthalle is subject to special parking regulations.
- In districts 1 to 9 and 20 short-term parking applies on weekdays from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 10 pm.
- In districts 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 short-term parking restrictions apply Monday to Friday on workdays from 9 am to 7 pm.
- In the zone around Stadthalle (part of the 15th district) short-term parking times are from 9 am to 10 pm on workdays and from 6 pm to 10 pm on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) and public holidays.
- Exceptions: For main streets and shopping streets in these districts there are separate short-term parking times indicated on the white additional signs. Car owners with a valid permanent parking permit need not fill in additional parking vouchers for main streets and shopping streets in their district. They must, however, display a properly set parking disc and not outstay the maximum parking duration indicated on the white additional signs.
Some of the shopping streets in these districts, have a maximum parking duration of 1.5 hours for which there is no exception.
Parking management zones in the city map
- You must fill in a prepaid parking voucher (Parkschein)
- There are permanent parking permits (Parkpickerl) for residents in the area: Permanent Parking Permit (Parkpickerl) for Residents
- Companies and firms may apply for a temporary parking permit ("Parkchip"): Parking Voucher for Employees and Companies
- Parking Fee - Application for Flat-rate Payment
Traffic signs "Kurzparkzone Anfang" (beginning) and "Kurzparkzone Ende" (end) are found upon entering or leaving the short-term parking zone only. Note that there are no additional traffic signs within the area to indicate are in an area-wide short-term parking zone!
Short-term parking zones are chargeable and are marked by the following traffic signs:
Beginning: blue circle with red rim
End: black circle with grey rim
White additional signs indicate:
- Maximum admissible parking duration (for example: two hours)
- Times of short-term parking validity (for example: Monday to Friday, weekdays, 9 am to 10 pm)
There may be additional blue markings to indicate short-term parking zones, these are for your orientation only.