Short-term Parking in Vienna
In Vienna, as in many other cities in Europe short-term parking may apply to individual streets or to entire areas.
Parking space management has turned entire districts or large connected parts thereof into short-term parking zones. Area-wide short-term parking now covers districts 1 to 9, 15, 20 and parts of the 12th, 14th, 16th, 17th and 18th district. In the 15th district the area the area around Stadthalle is subject to special parking regulations.
- In districts 1 to 9 and 20 short-term parking applies on weekdays from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 10 pm.
- In districts 12, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 short-term parking restrictions apply Monday to Friday on workdays from 9 am to 7 pm.
- In the zone around Stadthalle (part of the 15th district) short-term parking times are from 9 am to 10 pm on workdays and from 6 pm to 10 pm on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) and public holidays.
Some of the shopping streets in these districts, have a maximum parking duration of 1.5 hours for which there is no exception.
Parking management zones in the city map
- You must fill in a prepaid parking voucher (Parkschein)
- There are permanent parking permits (Parkpickerl) for residents in the area: Permanent Parking Permit (Parkpickerl) for Residents
- Companies and firms may apply for a temporary parking permit ("Parkkarte"): Parking Voucher for Employees and Companies
- Parking Fee - Application for Flat-rate Payment
- Exceptions: For main streets and shopping streets in these districts there are separate short-term parking times indicated on the white additional signs. Car owners with a valid permanent parking permit need not fill in additional parking vouchers for main streets and shopping streets in their district. They must, however, display a properly set parking disc and not outstay the maximum parking duration indicated on the white additional signs.
Traffic signs "Kurzparkzone Anfang" (beginning) and "Kurzparkzone Ende" (end) are found upon entering or leaving the short-term parking zone only. Note that there are no additional traffic signs within the area to indicate are in an area-wide short-term parking zone!
Short-term parking zones are chargeable and are marked by the following traffic signs:
Beginning: blue circle with red rim
End: black circle with grey rim
White additional signs indicate:
- Maximum admissible parking duration (for example: two hours)
- Times of short-term parking validity (for example: Monday to Friday, weekdays, 9 am to 10 pm)
There may be additional blue markings to indicate short-term parking zones, these are for your orientation only.