Parking fee - application for flat-rate payment
Parking vouchers (for the short-term parking fee) can be paid at a flat rate.
For flat-rate agreements starting before September 2016, you receive a physical receipt (card), which must be placed behind the car’s windshield so as to be clearly visible and readable from the outside.
For flat-rate agreements beginning in or after September 2016, the receipt (card) is replaced by an electronic parking chip. With the parking chip, it is sufficient to stick it on the windshield inside the vehicle; the letter confirming the flat-rate agreement does not have to be displayed in the vehicle.
Flat-rate payment of the parking fee (parking voucher) is possible for periods of a minimum of three months to a maximum of 24 months. Calendar months already started will be charged in full. Prior to expiration of your flat-rate agreement, you will be sent a reminder to renew it. The flat-rate agreement is not an authorisation for unlimited parking! Even with flat-rate payment, the maximum parking period (1.5 to a maximum of 3 hours depending on the zone) must be observed!
Should you wish to pay your parking fees at a flat rate, you must file an application. After the payment has been received by the authority, you will receive the receipt (card) (for agreements starting before September 2016) or the electronic parking chip (for agreements starting in or after September 2016).
If you use the electronic payment option via the payment portal of the City of Vienna or if you pay directly at a City of Vienna cash office (Stadtkasse) and present confirmation of your application (PDF summary), a receipt/parking chip can be issued immediately. Application by mail, via fax or e-mail and subsequent payment by payment slip may result in a waiting period of three to four weeks (sending of payment slip, waiting for receipt of payment, delivery per post).
Assessment Office (Bemessungsstelle)
Municipal Department 6 – Accounting Services, Duties and Charges (MA 6)
Division for Parking Fees and Fines for Non-Payment of Municipal Charges (Referat Parkometerabgabe und Abgabenstrafen)
1020 Vienna, Meiereistraße 7, Ernst-Happel-Stadion, Sector B, 1st floor
Phone: +43 1 4000-86800
Fax +43 1 4000-99-86800
Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 7.30 am to 3.30 pm
Public hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8 am to 2.30 pm
Exceptions: Closed on public holidays; Good Friday, 24 and 31 December: 8 am to 11 am
An application can be filed in person, per mail, via fax or e-mail.
After receipt of the necessary documents and confirmation of payment, the assessment office will issue the receipt (card) or electronic parking chip in person or by post.
Prior to expiration of your flat-rate agreement, you will be sent a reminder to renew it.
The application must include the following information:
- Starting date (e.g. valid as per 1 January 2016)
- Duration (three to 24 months)
- Daily validity period (24 hours, midnight-2 pm or 2 pm-midnight)
- The registration number of the vehicle for which the flat-rate agreement is concluded
Should you not yet have an electronic parking chip, changing the information (e.g. licence plate) of the vehicle for which the agreement was concluded and/or refunding payment for unused months requires you to present all certifications for flat-rate payment (in particular the original receipt for the currently valid agreement and any duplicates issued).
To apply or collect the receipt/electronic parking chip in person, please present the vehicle registration certificate and an official photo ID; if someone represents you, they must present a letter of attorney issued by you.
If the application is for a car registered abroad, you must include a copy of the vehicle registration certificate with your application.
- Application Fees: None
- Parking fee:
- The parking fee for 24-hour use is 2,544 EUR/year. This is used as a basis to calculate the fee for shorter periods and/or for half-day use (midnight-2 pm or 2 pm-midnight).
- Parking fee for 24-hour use:
- Minimum duration three months: EUR 636
- Each additional month: EUR 212
- Maximum duration 24 months: EUR 5,088
- Parking fee for use from midnight to 2 pm or 2 pm to midnight:
- Minimum duration three months: EUR 318
- Each additional month: EUR 106
- Maximum duration 24 months: EUR 2,544
If you make your payment
- online when applying or
- using the transaction number as a payment reference,
the processing time is reduced. You can find your transaction number in the online application (PDF summary) or ask for it at the assessment office.
Once all required documents and confirmation of payment arrive at or are presented to the assessment office, the receipt (card) respectively the confirmation of a flat-rate agreement and the electronic parking chip can be issued immediately.
Application per mail, via fax or e-mail and subsequent payment per payment slip may result in a waiting period of three to four weeks (sending of payment slip, waiting for receipt of payment, delivery per post).
- Initial Request for Flat-rate Payment of Parking Fee (German)
- Flat-rate Payment of Parking Fee - Extension (German) for renewing an expiring flat-rate agreement with the motor vehicle data unchanged.
- Flat-rate Payment of Parking Fee – Re-Registration (German) for re-issuing a valid flat-rate agreement due to changed motor vehicle data without changing the period of validity (if you do not yet have an electronic parking chip, you must return the old receipt to the assessment office).
- Flat-rate Payment of Parking Fee - Issuing of a Duplicate (German) for issuing a duplicate of a valid flat-rate agreement with the data unchanged. Duplicates can only be issued for physical receipts. If you need a replacement for an electronic parking chip, you do not need to request a duplicate. In this case, please call the assessment office (+43 1 4000-86800).
- Flat-rate Parking Fee – Refunding of Unused Months (German) for refunding calendar months that have not yet started. Please note: Should you not yet have an electronic parking chip, refunding payment for unused months requires you to present all certifications for flat-rate payment (in particular the original receipt for the currently valid agreement and any duplicates issued). For refunds for parking permits for residents ("Parkpickerl"), please contact your Municipal District Office.
- Flat-rate Payment of Parking Fee - Processing Status (German) for inquiries regarding the processing status of your application.
- The voucher must be placed behind the car’s windshield so as to be clearly visible and readable from the outside.
- If your flat-rate agreement starts in or after September 2016, you will receive an electronic parking chip. The chip must be stuck to the upper right corner of the windshield. The letter confirming the flat rate agreement does not have to be displayed in the vehicle.
- For other kinds of double-track motor vehicles (e.g. quads), the voucher or parking chip must be placed in a suitable place where it is visible.
In all cases, you additionally have to place a parking disc set to the proper time in a visible location as proof of short-term parking.
If your car’s licence number changes, the current agreement ends and a new one must be made because the subject matter of the contract (licence number) is different.
If you permanently cannot make use of your flat-rate agreement (e.g. because you sell the vehicle for which the agreement was concluded and/or buy a new one), the remaining part of the fees you have paid will be counted against future fee payments of the same type. You can also apply for the fee to be refunded. Fees cannot be refunded for calendar months that have already started. Please provide your bank details (IBAN and BIC; for private individuals also date of birth and address of primary residence) in the application to have the fee refunded. Please also return all certifications for flat-rate payment (in particular the original receipt for the currently valid agreement and any duplicates issued) to the City Administration. This is not necessary for the electronic parking chip.
- Act Regulating the Use of Street Space by Parked Multi-Track Motor Vehicles - Parking Fee Act (Parkometergesetz 2006) (German)
- Vienna City Council Ordinance on the Flat-Rate Payment of Parking Fees (Pauschalierungsverordnung) (German)
- Ordinance of the Federal Minister for the Public Sector and Transportation on the Supervision of Short-Term Parking Zones (Kurzparkzonen-Überwachungsverordnung) (German)
Homepage: Assessment Office (MA 6) (German)
Elisabeth Wirth (Muncipal Department 6)