Parking fee - application for flat-rate payment
Parking vouchers (parking fee) can be paid at a flat rate.
Flat-rate payment of the Parking Fee (Parking Voucher) is possible for periods of a minimum of three months to a maximum of 24 months. Calendar months already started will be fully included in the calculation of the rate. Prior to expiration of the existing voucher, a payment slip for (voluntary) extension will be sent to the holder automatically. Please note that the voucher is not an authorisation for unlimited parking! Even with flat-rate payment the maximum parking period (1.5 to a maximum of 3 hours depending on the zone) must be observed.
A certification for the voucher will be issued after the application has been filed and after the fee has been paid. If the payment is made electronically via the City of Vienna online payment site, or if the fee is paid directly at a City of Vienna cashier’s office, the certification will be issued immediately upon presentation of a confirmation of application (i.e. a pdf summary of the online application form). If you apply by e-mail, by post or fax, but also if you apply electronically and select the option of subsequent payment per payment slip ("Zahlung mittels Zahlungsanweisung"), the waiting time can be three to four weeks (time required to mail the payment slip to the applicant, wait for the payment to arrive and mail the confirmation of the flat-rate agreement to the applicant).
Municipal Department 6, Division 2
1020 Vienna, Meiereistraße 7, Ernst-Happel-Stadion, Sector B, 1st floor
Phone: +43 1 4000-86800
Fax +43 1 4000-99-86800
Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 7.30 am to 3.30 pm
Public hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8 am to 2.30 pm
Exceptions: Closed on public holidays; Good Friday, 24 and 31 December: 8 am to 11 am
The application can be filed in person, by e-mail, by post, via fax or electronically (online application form).
To shorten the wait significantly, the payment should either be made online (as part of the online application process) or by stating a unique payment reference number (transaction number). The transaction number is indicated in the online application or will be provided by the officer in the Assessment Office upon request, provided that the applicant has not selected the option of paying via payment slip (which needs to be sent by post).
Every application should include the following information:
- The start of validity (e.g. valid as per 1 January 2014)
- The duration of validity (three to 24 months)
- The times of validity (24 hours a day, from midnight to 2 pm, or from 2 pm to midnight)
- The car’s registration number (-the voucher is only valid for this car!)
Vouchers can only be altered or refunded upon presentation of the valid original voucher and any copies that have been issued.
If you come to the office in person or collect the voucher yourself, you will be required to present the car licence and an official photo identification. If you have asked someone else to go there, the person representing you must hold a letter of proxy issued by you as the applicant, confirming that the person may act on your behalf.
If the certificate is applied for a foreign sign, you have to transmit the vehicle registration document (car registration card).
- Application Fees: None
- Parking Fee:
- The flat-rate parking fee for a voucher that is valid 24 hours a day is EUR 2,544 per year. The fee for shorter periods and/or for half-day use (from midnight to 2 pm or from 2 pm to midnight) is calculated on this basis.
- Parking fee for vouchers valid 24 hours a day:
- Total fee for the minimum duration of three months: EUR 636
- Fee per additional month: EUR 212
- Maximum duration 24 months: EUR 5,088
- Parking fee for voucher valid from midnight to 2 pm or from 2 pm to midnight:
- Minimum duration three months: EUR 318
- Per additional month: EUR 106
- Maximum duration 24 months: EUR 2,544
Once all required documents and the confirmation of payment are presented to the assessment office, the confirmation of a flat-rate agreement can be issued immediately.
If you apply by e-mail, by post or fax, but also if you apply electronically and select the option of subsequent payment per payment slip ("Zahlung mittels Zahlungsanweisung"), the waiting time can be three to four weeks (time required to mail the payment slip to the applicant, wait for the payment to arrive and mail the confirmation of the flat-rate agreement to the applicant).
- First-time application for flat-rate payment of parking fee (German)
- Flat-rate payment of parking fee – application for extension (German) of an expiring voucher if vehicle data remain unchanged.
- Flat-rate payment of parking fee – application for re-registration (German) of a valid voucher if the vehicle data have changed (e.g. new car). The period and times of validity will remain unchanged in this case. (The old voucher must be returned to the Assessment Office.)
- Flat-rate payment of parking fee – application for a duplicate (German) of a valid voucher if all data remain unchanged.
- Flat-rate payment of parking fee – application for refund (German) of the parking fee for months in which the voucher will not be needed. No refund is not possible for the current month, i.e. if the month in question has already started. (The old voucher must be returned to the Assessment Office.)
- Flat-rate payment of parking fee – processing status enquiry (German) if you would like to enquire about the processing status of an application you have already filed.
Please use the completion guideline (German) to fill in the forms. It contains important information and help. Please understand that, just as the forms, the completion guide is available in German only.
The voucher must be placed behind the car’s windshield so it is clearly visible and legible from the outside; in case of other multi-track motor vehicles than cars, the voucher must be placed in a suitable position where it is visible, along with an additional parking disc indicating the parking time.
If your car’s license plate number changes, the current agreement ends and a new one must be concluded because the subject matter of the contract (car registration number) has changed.
If you are permanently unable to make use of the flat-rate parking voucher you have obtained (e.g. if you have a new car or are no longer using the multi-track motor vehicle registered on the voucher), the new fee to be paid will be reduced by the “unused” share of the fee already paid. Upon request, the fee can be refunded. Refunds are not possible for the current month, i.e. if the month in question has already started. When applying for a refund, please provide your bank details (IBAN and BIC; for individuals date of birth and also the registered address) in the application. You are required to return all certifications for flat-rate payment (in particular the original of the currently valid voucher and any copies issued) to the Assessment Office.
- Act Regulating the Use of Street Space by Parked Multi-Track Motor Vehicles - Parking Fee Act (Parkometergesetz 2006) (German)
- Vienna City Council Ordinance on the Flat-Rate Payment of Fees - Flat Rate Ordinance (Pauschalierungsverordnung) (German). You will find the Ordinance on the flat-rate payment of parking fees, which contains the regulations valid from 1 March 2012 published in the Official Gazette of the City of Vienna No. 52 of 29 December 2011, here from 1 March 2012 on.
- Ordinance of the Federal Minister for the Public Sector and Transportation on the Supervision of Short-Term Parking Zones (Kurzparkzonen-Überwachungsverordnung) (German)
Homepage: Assessment Office (MA 6) (German)
Elisabeth Wirth (Muncipal Department 6)