Basic education and German language courses for young people
The offers for adolescents and young adults target young migrants who are 15 to 21 years old.
The basic education courses provide, besides German language learning, teaching content such as information and communication technology (IT), arithmetic, creativity and design or career guidance. The courses are complemented by educational and vocational counselling as well as social guidance.
The courses offer orientation in everyday life in a new city and promote personal growth.
Courses offered in basic education
- Jugend College - Interface Wien (German)
- Basic courses German as a second language (JBW) - Interface Wien (German)
- Basic education courses at JUBIZ - Jugendbildungszentrum in the VHS Ottakring (German)
- Project BAJU - basic education for adolescents and young adults with a migration background - Integrationshaus (German)
In addition to the basic education measures there are also German courses for adolescents at different language levels.
These courses target young migrants who have come to Vienna and have completed schooling in their native country, or attend a school in Vienna. By learning German or by improving their knowledge of German, the adolescents are given a basis to reach their educational/vocational goals.
The department Jugendbildungswerkstatt (youth education workshop) of Interface Vienna offers the following courses:
- German language courses for young people (A1-A2)
- B1 courses for pupils
Goran Novakovic (Municipal Department 17)