Social welfare facilities - notification of start of operations, changes, or closure
Social welfare assistance allows people who need help to lead a life in dignity.
Homeless shelters, assisted living facilities and day centres support them in achieving this goal.
Assisted living facilities are facilities for people who no longer can or want to live on their own even with mobile care for physical or mental reasons and who require extramural assistance or care, but not permanent intramural care.
Day centres are facilities for people in need of extramural care who require a structured daily routine with occupational therapy and rehabilitation to support their orientation and self-determination.
The Vienna City Administration must be notified in writing of the following:
- Start of operations
- Considerable and not temporary reductions to the services offered
- Closure of the facility
The application must be submitted no later than four weeks before the planned measure.
Social Welfare, Social and Public Health Law (MA 40) (German)
Section Nursing Home Supervision
1030 Vienna, Thomas-Klestil-Platz 8
Phone: +43 1 4000-40771
Fax: +43 1 4000-99-40779
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 7.30 am to 3.30 pm
Appointments can be made by phone.
The legal entity operating the social welfare facility notifies the Vienna City Administration of the planned measure. The authority will determine whether the facility is able to provide professional social welfare assistance in compliance with the pertinent laws.
- Details on the legal entity operating the facility (e.g., extract from the register of associations (German), extract from the company register (German), partnership agreement, etc.)
- Details on the trustworthiness of the operators and the persons acting on behalf of the facility (police clearance certificate no older than three months of the managing director, board of directors, or managing secretary) (German)
- Details on the type (homeless shelter, day centre, assisted living) and size (number of places) of the planned facility
- Documents showing that the demands of professional social welfare assistance are met (description of the facility and services, care plan, etc.)
- Details on the staff, showing the professional qualifications of all persons working at the establishment
If the services are to be reduced, no documents are required. However, a statement is needed to show how further care will be ensured for the clients.
- Notification of start of operations: Social welfare facility (German)
- Notification of changes: Social welfare facility (German)
- Notification of closure: Social welfare facility (German)
The institution is under official supervision. The competent authority is the Vienna City Administration.
- Art. 23 Vienna Welfare Assistance Act, Vienna Provincial Gazette 11/1973, as amended (German)
- General Administrative Procedure Act 1991, as amended (German)
Homepage: Social Welfare, Social and Public Health Law (MA 40) (German)
Social Welfare, Social and Public Health Law (Municipal Department 40)