24-Hours Women’s Emergency Helpline - 01 71 71 9
The Women’s Emergency Helpline is available 24 hours a day and serves as a contact point for women and girls aged 14 and older who have become victims of sexual, physical or mental violence.
Its central services include swift emergency aid and crisis intervention as well as counselling, advice and support in the event of acute violent experiences. The services are also available to co-affected family members, friends or acquaintances.
The staff members of the Women’s Emergency Helpline are qualified psychologists, social workers and legal experts.
Counselling services are provided in the following languages:
The team of the Women’s Emergency Helpline can be contacted 24 hours a day at +43 1 71 71 9.
- 24-hour emergency aid
- also available at weekends and on public holidays
- anonymous and free of charge
- Telephone and personal counselling
- Crisis intervention
- Psychological, social and legal counselling and support
- Counselling for family members, friends, acquaintances
- Referral to social and health-care institutions
- Counselling by e-mail
- Women’s Emergency Helpline Forum, where users can exchange experiences and provide each other with advice
- Assistance and support with reports to the police
- Court proceedings
- Medical examinations
- Further training events for institutions
The Women’s Emergency Helpline provides institutions whose work addresses the issue of violence against women and girls with professional information and organises further training events.
City of Vienna Women's Department (Municipal Department 57)