Immigration and residence

Until now, displaced persons from Ukraine were not able to apply for residence permits like the Red-White-Red Card plus.

The Austrian government has now announced that they want to make it possible for displaced Ukrainians in employment to apply for Red-White-Red Cards plus. However, they have not yet passed the necessary law.

At this time, it is not clear what the necessary requirements for the residence permit will be. We will inform you as soon as the necessary requirements have been set.

If you want to take up residence in Vienna, you need to contact Municipal Department 35 - Immigration and Citizenship (MA 35) regarding all questions about residence and citizenship.

Contact MA 35 Immigration (German)

Residence law

There are a number of different residence permits depending on the applicant's country of origin, planned duration of stay, and whether or not the applicant is related to an Austrian citizen. Detailed information on the different residence permits is available in German: Immigration and Residence - Einwanderung und Aufenthalt

The Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior provides more detailed information about settling in Austria on their website: Settlement in Austria

There, you will also find application forms and detailed explanations in English.

Business Immigration Office (BIO)

Established by the city's immigration department (MA 35) and the Vienna Business Agency, the Business Immigration Office (BIO) makes the complicated process of residency and what happens after simpler by bundling the processes and procedures facing such business.

Business Immigration Office - services and contact

Contact for this page:
City of Vienna | Public Relations
Contact form