German language courses for young people and young adults
Young migrants, who have newly arrived in Austria and who are older than mandatory school age, need specific support in the form of language courses, creative and social education, and detailed advice about their educational and professional opportunities.
Interface Vienna and the Vienna Public Learning Centres (Volkshochschulen) provide young migrants between 15 and 25 years of age with a package of specific educational measures that is funded by Municipal Department 17 - Integration and Diversity (MA 17).
The German language and orientation courses help young migrants in meeting the requirements of the Integration Agreement and aim at supporting them until they have completed language level B1 to be well-prepared for further training and education and the working world.
Courses of up to 20 hours per week are held at different times in several districts of Vienna. They are reasonably priced because they are funded by MA 17.
The course system follows an individual learning plan and considers the specific needs, skills and interests of young people. Creative and social education also form part of the holistic education plan. The in-depth courses promote integration and provide young people with the opportunity to learn German quickly.
Information, advice, registration
- Interface Wien GmbH
- Ms Barbara Aleksanyan
- Phone: +43 1 524 50 15-41
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Venue: Favoritenstraße 8/1B/1, 1040 Vienna
- Advice and registration: Tuesday from 5pm to 8pm, Friday from 12 noon to 3pm
- JUBIZ - Jugendbildungszentrum an der Volkshochschule Ottakring (German) (Education centre for young people at Ottakring Public Learning Centre)
- Ms Yasmin Foroutan
- Phone: +43 1 492 08 83-55
- Venue: Ludo-Hartmann-Platz 7, 1160 Vienna
- Advice and registration: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 1pm
JUBIZ is the education centre for young people of the Vienna Public Learning Centres. JUBIZ also offers literacy courses for young people and a class where they can study for the certificate for lower secondary education (Hauptschulabschluss).
Goran Novakovic (Municipal Department 17)