The Viennese Database for Disinfectants (WIDES Database)
The WIDES Database
- is an industry-independent information system established by the City of Vienna Climate Protection Programme ÖkoKauf Wien,
- is a user-friendly database that makes it easier for hospitals and other institutions in the health care sector to take into account effectivity, safety and environmental factors when procuring disinfectants and to ensure the safe use of these products;
- contains information on the established effects of commercially available disinfectants and their ingredients as well as the properties of these products that are of relevance for occupational safety and environmental protection.
For applications and enquiries, please send an E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Viennese Database for Disinfectants WIDES - evolutionary history and purpose of the Viennese Database for Disinfectants WIDES.
- Assessment scheme of the Viennese database for disinfectants
- Training Video WIDES-Database
Inclusion of manufacturers in the database
Disinfectant manufacturers wishing to have their products included in the Database are welcome to apply.
The WIDES-Database has been developed and is updated by the Vienna Ombuds Office for Environmental Protection (Wiener Umweltanwaltschaft - WUA) within the framework of ÖkoKauf Wien in cooperation with
- Austrian Society for Hygiene, Microbiology and Preventive Medicine (Österreichische Gesellschaft für Hygiene, Mikrobiologie und Präventivmedizin - OEGHMP)
- General Accidents Insurance Corporation (Allgemeine Unfallversicherungsanstalt) (AUVA))
- IFZ Graz, Inter-University Research Centre for Technology, Work and Culture (Interuniversitäres Forschungszentrum für Arbeit, Technik und Kultur)
- Engineering Office Klade - Deutsch
- Vienna Hospitals Association (Wiener Krankenanstaltenverbund)
- Association of Austrian Environmental Helpdesks ("die umweltberatung")
- BG Bau, the German professional association for the building industry (WINGIS-online - Hazardous materials information system of Berufsgenossenschaft der Bauwirtschaft)
- Health Care Without Harm - Europe
Environmental Protection (Municipal Department 22)