Energy Report of the City of Vienna
The Energy Report is an invitation for people to look at the situation of energy and the associated climate protection issues in Vienna.
The fifth Energy Report analyses the measures and developments in Vienna. The first chapter presents implemented projects from July 2015 to June 2016 and the latest findings. Several graphics lead through individual chapters.
- Vienna has the lowest final energy consumption per capita of all federal states.
- The share of renewable forms of energy in gross final energy consumption is growing rapidly.
- Gross domestic consumption has been falling continuously since 2005.
- The construction of photovoltaic (PV) plants is booming. Total PV installed capacity is around 16 MWp.
- Public transport continues to be well received, also cycling continues to grow.
Over the last years, Vienna has set itself ambitious goals with the Smart City Strategy, for example reducing greenhouse gas emissions per capita by 80 per cent by 2050. Resource-conserving mobility is a key instrument for meeting the climate protection goals. Vienna is successfully increasing the share of public transport, walking and cycling. At 70 per cent Eco mobility, Vienna ranks among the top cities worldwide. Energy generation is also undergoing positive developments. The share of renewables in Vienna has increased and will continue to grow, as many measures implemented in the last months and years will start to yield results in the years to come.
Download the Energy Report - 2 MB PDF
The brochure is also available as print version. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for free copy.
Energy Planning (Municipal Department 20)