Municipal Department 20 - Energy Planning (MA 20) is responsible for the following tasks in accordance with the Allocation of Competencies of the Vienna City Administration:
- Coordination and further development of energy concepts
- Controlling of objectives of existing energy policies and concepts, and drawing up of recommendations and measures
- Administering the Fund of the Province of Vienna for the promotion of green electricity and drawing up the relevant funding guidelines
- Cooperating in the development and allocation of energy funding
- Energy assessment of projects in the framework of administrative procedures
- Developing pilot projects to promote new energy technologies
- Cooperating in projects to raise awareness on increasing energy efficiency (energy saving advice)
The Energy Report is an invitation to people to look at the situation of energy and the associated climate protection issues in Vienna.
City of Vienna supports Earth Day
This year, Earth Day’s takes place on the 22nd of April 2017. Worldwide, events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. In Vienna, schools other institutions have the possibility to be part of this big event.
The topic of environmental education is also a very important issue for the City of Vienna. Therefore the City supports "Earth Day".
Energy Planning (Municipal Department 20)