Exhibition "Build the city - Examples for and from Vienna"
The exhibition held at "Wiener Planungswerkstatt" from 25 January to 30 March 2012 addresses fundamental and current issues of urban planning, which are illustrated by examples from Vienna and Europe.
The discussions will focus on future-oriented urban planning solutions in Bratislava, Brno, Hamburg, Ljubljana, Malmö, Munich, Stockholm and Zagreb. As an example from Vienna, the exhibition includes the project "aspern + Die Seestadt Wiens" – currently the largest and most ambitious urban development project currently in Europe.
The exhibition is designed in German. Three of ten panel discussions with leading representatives will be held in English
Discussions in English
- 02.02.2012, 6 pm: Lectures from the cities: Bratislava, Brno, Ljubljana and Zagreb
- 23.02.2012, 6 pm: How can the city save resources? - Example: Stockholm, Hammarby Sjöstad
- 01.03.2012: 6 pm: What does urban diversity look like? - Example: Malmö, Västra Hamnen
Before the discussions, there will be guided tours of the exhibition (in German language) at 5 pm (Duration: one hour).
- Exhibition "Build the City - Examples for and from Vienna"
- Date: 25 January to 30 March 2012
- Exhibition opening: 24 January, 5 pm with Deputy Mayor Maria Vassilakou
- Venue: Wiener Planungswerkstatt, Friedrich-Schmidt-Platz 9, 1010 Vienna
- Opening hours: Mondays to Wednesdays from 9 am to 16 pm, Thursdays from 9 am to 7 pm; closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- Admission is free