Intercultural neighbourhood and local community festivals
The City of Vienna supports initiatives and activities that promote good neighbourly relations and cooperates with the many clubs and associations in the districts and communities.
Good neighbourly relations improve the quality of life for all.
Good neighbourly relations need a solid and sound basis as they are the prerequisite for integration and good relations between people from different ethnic and social backgrounds.
Municipal Department 17 - Integration and Diversity (MA 17) initiates and organises neighbourhood and local community festivals.
Getting to know each other
It is essential to establish good neighbourly relations and improve the quality of life for all. Neighbourhood and local community festivals focus on joint activities and maintaining contacts. They provide the opportunity to talk and get to know each other (better).
Some examples of neighbourhood and local community festivals in Vienna:
- Wir in Ottakring, Wir in Margareten, Wir in Simmering, Wir in der Leopoldstadt, Wir in Favoriten ("We in …" the districts)
- Kunst des Zusammenlebens (The art of living together)
- Ottakringer Sommergespräche (Summer talks in Ottakring)
- Simmeringer Frauenfest (Simmering women's festival)
- Vereinsvielfalt (Club diversity)
Goran Novakovic (Municipal Department 17)