Visits by international delegations
Vienna is a globally networked city that cooperates with cities and regions around the world. Each year, about 4,000 representatives from politics, administration and academia visit the Vienna City Administration for an exchange of know-how and experiences.
Useful information for international delegations
Please consider the following key questions before sending an inquiry regarding a visit to Vienna:
- Making contact: The institution intending to send a delegation to Vienna should contact us directly or via the diplomatic representation. Please understand that we cannot accept inquiries from travel agencies and private intermediaries.
- Time schedule and information required:
- Please send your inquiry at least four weeks before the scheduled date of your visit so that we can find the competent contact persons for you.
- Your inquiry should include details of the delegation (names and positions) and the scheduled arrival and departure dates of your visit as well as details of the topics you are interested in. The more details are provided the better we can support you in organising your programme.
- Available appointments: We hope you will understand that any appointments we can arrange depend on the availability of the staff in the departments, organisations, and institutions you are interested in.
- Organisation and costs: Please note that your delegation is responsible for all organisational details of the visit (for example transfer, interpreter, et cetera) and has to cover the corresponding costs.
Contact point in the City of Vienna
The Chief Executive Office - European and International Affairs is the central contact point in the City of Vienna for international delegations. It provides support in the following areas:
- Initiating contacts with the departments of the City Administration and other organisations owned by the City
- Initiating contacts with enterprises and research institutions based in Vienna, in particular in the areas of urban development and smart city technologies
- Chief Executive Office of the City of Vienna
European and International Affairs
- 1082 Vienna, Friedrich-Schmidt-Platz 3
- Phone: +43 1 4000 82568
- Fax: +43 1 4000 7200
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive Office - European and International Affairs