Law on Residence and Settlement

example of an identity card

There are a number of different residence permits depending on the applicant’s country of origin, the planned duration of the stay, and whether and in which way they are related to Austrian, EEA, or Swiss nationals.

EEA and Swiss nationals and their family

Division "EEA" - new address: Arndtstraße 65-67, Stiege 1, 1st floor, 1120 Vienna

E-government services

Third-country nationals

Competent authority and contact information

Applications must generally be filed from abroad. Applications may only be filed in Austria under certain conditions.

Contact for this page:
Public Relations (Municipal Department 35)
Contact form