Law on Residence and Settlement

Due to the measures put in place to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, you need to make a prior appointment to come to the Immigration Office (MA 35) in person. For more information and to find out how to make an appointment:
Specific regulations due to the coronavirus pandemic - information for persons applying for a residence permit

Brexit - Residence permit "Article 50 EUV" available from January 2021:
British nationals and their family members from third countries must apply for a residence permit "Article 50 EUV" (Aufenthaltstitel "Artikel 50 EUV") from 1 January 2021.
Further information: Brexit - Residence permit "Article 50 EUV"

example of an identity card

There are a number of different residence permits depending on the applicant’s country of origin, the planned duration of the stay, and whether and in which way they are related to Austrian, EEA, or Swiss nationals.

EEA and Swiss nationals and their family

Division "EEA" - new address: Arndtstraße 65-67, Stiege 1, 1st floor, 1120 Vienna

E-government services

Third-country nationals

Competent authority and contact information

Applications must generally be filed from abroad. Applications may only be filed in Austria under certain conditions.

Contact for this page:
City of Vienna | Public Relations
Contact form