The task of urban development is to provide fundamental planning tools ensuring Vienna's innovative development in line with social, economic and ecological requirements. It is clear that this task requires cross-border cooperation with neighbouring provinces and countries, particularly in the framework of the European CENTROPE region.
The Urban Development Plan (Stadtentwicklungsplan - STEP) is an important tool in this context. For instance, it specifies whether an area is designated as green space or for traffic purposes, for commercial buildings or housing construction.
- Urban Development Plan 2025 (Webshop)
- Urban Development Plan 2025 - Short Report (Webshop)
- Smart City Wien - Framework Strategie (Webshop)
- Smart City Wien - Framework Strategie - Short Report (Webshop)
- The city of the future - Talk with Tina Saaby
- Donau City
- Urban Development Zone Erdberger Mais / Aspanggründe
- Digital map of Vienna - Mehrzweckkarte (MZK)