Funding of projects, associations and initiatives - MA 17
Municipal Department 17 - Integration and Diversity (MA 17) supports and funds projects, associations and initiatives that contribute to integration. The department awards subsidies up to a maximum amount of EUR 5,000 per year for small projects and subsidies of EUR 5,000 and more per year for large projects.
MA 17 examines applications in accordance with formal and financial criteria and with regard to content. Applications are then submitted for approval to the Vienna City Council. MA 17 is responsible for the quality assurance, appropriate use and billing of subsidy applications.
Please note that we can only subsidise projects submitted by legal entities such as associations. We cannot subsidise initiatives and project ideas of private persons.
- Subsidies and support for small projects - application (German)
- Subsidies and support for large projects - application (German)
MA 17 funds projects and measures that raise awareness and promote intercultural competences:
- good neighbourly relations of people from different ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- good neighbourly relations of different groups of people
- awareness raising in the areas of migration, integration and diversity
The Department also funds projects that promote the integration of migrants:
- language acquisition measures
- education and orientation measures
- advice on legal issues such as residence, citizenship and employment
Subsidies in the past
Goran Novakovic (Municipal Department 17)