Licence for the operation of a children’s daycare centre - application
A licence from the Vienna Youth and Family Offices (MAG ELF) is required for the operation of a children’s daycare centre.
Any natural or legal person who meets the requirements may establish a children’s daycare centre.
Factors that are particularly relevant for the granting of a licence are the education concept, the required trained staff, adhering to the maximum group sizes for the different types of groups, the location, the size, number and furnishings of the rooms, and the number and type of sanitary facilities for the different groups.
Vienna Youth and Family Offices (MA 11)
Legal Affairs Group, Section for Registered Childminders and Parent-organised Daycare Centres
Rüdengasse 11, 1030 Vienna
Public transport information Phone: +43 1 +43 1 4000-90739
Fax: +43 1 4000-99-90739
Information by phone: 8 am to 3.30 pm
The following information is required in the application for a licence to operate a children’s daycare centre:
- Details on the location and size of the daycare centre
- Documents relating to the ownership or other legal status regarding the property. In the case of a lease, a copy of the lease contract must be attached that shows that the property has been leased for long-term use
- Details on the name of the daycare centre, the number of groups and the number of children in the individual groups
- Details and plans showing the location, size and furnishings of the premises and their dedication to the purpose of a daycare centre
- Information and plans showing the outdoor play areas of the daycare centre
- Information about the personal and professional suitability of the staff
- An education concept
- Certificate of inspection of all firing systems, chimneys, and electrical systems
We recommend arranging a meeting where you will receive in-depth information as well as a viewing of the premises before filing your application.
The fees will be calculated and charged after the final inspection of the children’s daycare centre.
Turnaround time of the application: up to six months
Online application: Licence for the operation of a children's daycare centre (German)
More information about children's daycare centres (German)
Information leaflet: 109 KB PDF (German)
Homepage: Vienna Youth and Family Offices (MA 11)
Service point (Vienna Youth Welfare Department - Municipal Department 11)